AVAILABLE ARTWORK FOR SALE - click here

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Life Sized Figure Painting (with some camp and metaphor)


This piece lightened up both in pallette and mood from my original concept to the finished result. It was darker and more somber in my sketches. I don't mind the change, but would like to try variations of my original idea and sketches in future figure work. It certainly is seasonally appropriate.

(Edit/update: My goal was to have this ready for a show I'm hanging in Arlington. However, there is an issue that the piece may be too big and a safety issue to hang. After sleeping on it, I'm thinking the piece lacks something in a flow. I'm going to take it back home today and try to take it to a resolution that works for me.)


oil on wood
84"x28.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment