AVAILABLE ARTWORK FOR SALE - click here

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mini Landscapes (repaired/reworked)

Here are just two additional pics to add to today's previous post.

These are repaired and reworked previous images.

Jeanne Hospod

Jeanne Hospod

both 6"x6" acrylic and acrylic ink on canvas

 I've found that acrylic ink is a great portable, fast drying, pigment rich medium for on the go one shot studies.  However, I discovered if the paint is laid on too thick, it can risk cracking shortly after a session. Generally, I have painted in thin layers so it hasn't been a huge issue overall.  I currently bring along a tube of good regular acrylic white and a few other colors, along with gloss medium if I think I might get a little heavy handed, and the result has been stable.

Larger work of more depth in oil will be coming up in a near future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment